In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Dilwyn Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

The QL Emulators CD that Dilwyn and Darren produced, for example, was
great idea. Once the GUI's area available it would be good to do this
again ... and more.
Thanks. I hadn't really thought of using Launchpad or QDT in this
context, but who knows?

Have CD that would 'auto magically' produce and set up a QL
environment
on a MAC or PC, etc. It will have to be easy and 'done on a plate'
get new users involved. They won't have the time to catch up on all
the
things that those of still involved may know about.
This is one of the shortcomings of the present CD, I didn't know
enough about the 'other computers' to do auto-setups etc, which is why
it's only a home brew-DIY tinkerers setup and readme.txt's etc. Anyone
who'd like to do this is welcome to have a copy to provide such a
setup, but please make it flexible enough to allow for whatever might
happen, for example, the latest CD (v1.24) now has QL2K and the
Windows version of uQLx, just added "as is" with additions to the
readme files.

I hope someone will have the skill and time in a packaged way ... it makes such a difference in getting a critical mass of users.

--
Malcolm Cadman