----- Original Message -----

Subject: [ql-users] What printers do people use with their QL??

Just a quick survey.

A lot of people have expressed an interest in Epson 850 colour stylus printers for their QL.

However, what printers are people actually using nowadays with their QL??

I stick with the 850 - but am I correct in believing that the Epson Stylus 900 (not the Photo 900) is also fully compatible??

@
Its also worthwhile to ask which laser printers are compatible with the QL especially as they are now as cheap as some inkjets and per copy are cheaper to run. There is some evidence that lasers are going the way of inkjets in that they are Windows only compatible. During a discussion on this list about two years ago we discovered that my Samsung ML-4500 is QL-incompatible, but Wolgang Lenerz's Samsung ML-4600 is QL compatible. Does anyone have any information about other Samsung models?
For QL use I still keep my Canon BJ-200ex, which has given a good service, even though the cartridges are expensive and not always reliable, but this is now about 8 years old. Not sure what I will do when it finally dies. Cease printing from the QL?

Geoff Wicks.
  • ... RWAPSoftware
    • ... thegilpins
    • ... P Witte