In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes

Hi All,

Hope you all got over the Cringle..............

New year to come ...

I got a Email Xmas Card late on X,as Eve from Simon Goodwin. Basically just
the usual chat about becoming a dad etc, but he did mention one interesting
thing.........

He has Written a QDOS driver for a Cybiko. What? i hear you all ask......
A Cybiko is a nifty cheap russian PDA - one of the few around that still
uses a RS232 serial cable to link to a PC/Mac (and now a QL, thanks to
Simon) instead of USB. They are available in 3 colours, and cost just 20
quid sterling each - dirt cheap, considering what you get.

see www.cybiko.com

They can email and internet when connected to a PC/Mac, they can text
message other cybikos for free, and they can download and install
applications, including a word processor - an application CD costs just a
fiver.

Interesting, will look it up :-)

It reminds me of the long discussion, some time ago, about a 'toy portable' based around QDOS/SMSQ, to promote the wider use of the system in the market place. I think that it was Gerome Gimbert who was advocating this ... ?

This sort of device goes to prove that small PDA devices can be interesting and viable.

--
Malcolm Cadman