Alternative way (rather then writing printer driver obsolete in a couple of month) :
to provide a way to export documents with all attributes and print then with tools
like, saiy, OpenOffice ..

-----Message d'origine-----
De : [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] la part de
SMSQ - Jochen Merz
Envoyé : lundi 8 mars 2004 09:59
À : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Objet : Re: [ql-users] £1000 to spend!

> I agree this would be nice - I have mentioned it previously, but we seem
> to be barking up the wrong tree to some extent when it comes to using
> Windows only printers.  A filter between QPC2 and the Windows printer
> driver is really not of any use to the general QL public, as it will not
> work with original QLs or with the Q40/Q60.

Well, it depends on how you define "general QL public".
I estimate that the number of ACTIVE QL software users is actually
running their software on QPC (well, I know the sales figures,
don't I?) ;-)

And there was no problem, wish and demand for anything but printing
solutions (for QLs *AND* QPCs, of which the majority was QPC users).

Well, and like you say: I am not aware of masses of current printers
(and "current" means "several years" which can be used with a QL.
Considering that users want a modern printer which can be used on
various systems, I doubt that a dot-matrix printer (yes, you still
get plenty, very expensive ones from EPSON) is the solution.
Look at how many people use QPC on Laptops - it is quite natural
that they would also like it to print on current colour printers,
or portable inkjets etc.

Jochen