Back in Jan there was some discussion on whether Q-S should dynamically
lookup the current hostname of the box it was running on rather than
requiring it to be hard-wired ($hostname).

I have discovered that the POSIX perl module (which is already used)
contains a "uname" function that doesn't do a system call to discover
the hostname.

I intend to change Qmail-Scanner to use that instead of requiring the
$hostname var to be hardwired.

Would that break anything? If I here no complaints, the change will be
made in the next release...

Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417