On  0, Russell Nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Todd A. Jacobs writes:
>  > On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Subba Rao wrote:
>  >
>  > > Why am I getting this message? All the outbound/inbound mail is
>  > > transfering fine.
>  >
>  > Somehow your IP address has ended up on the RBL. You are being actively
>  > blocked as a spammer. If you are not a spammer, follow the directions to
>  > have yourself removed from the RBL.
>
> I'll bet Subba is dialling up to the net using ibm.net's dialups.
> They're almost certainly to be on the DUL.  One of the people he's
> trying to send email to is a DUL subscriber.  And a damn good idea
> that is, too, if you look at the amount of spam that comes from
> dialups.
>
> The solution, if you're running qmail on a dialup box, is to insert a
> wildcard smtproute pointing to ibm.net's SMTP server.  Like this (but
> just guessing at ibm.net's SMTP server name):
>
> echo ':mail.ibm.net' >/var/qmail/control/smtproutes

This is right on the mark. I use Qmail on my server, but have dial-up connection.
I became aware of DUL once I started using Qmail. Now, I have my smtp server
from ibm.net in the smtproutes and the world is a happy place.

It is my turn to fight spam. :-) I am going for the rblsmtpd package.

Subba Rao
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/