Basura wrote:
> Hi
>
> Have just installed QTPlus at my QT server. Runed de qtp-menu, and then
> the newmodel upgrade script.
>
> Have updated all of the packages BUT djbdns is giving me this:
>
>         Installing djbdns-1.05-1.0.5 in the sandbox ...
>         error: Failed dependencies:
>         djbdns-extcache conflicts with djbdns-1.05-1.0.5.i686
>         djbdns conflicts with djbdns-extcache-1.05-1.0.5.i686
>         djbdns-localcache conflicts with djbdns-extcache-1.05-1.0.5.i686
>         djbdns-extcache conflicts with djbdns-localcache-1.05-1.0.5.i686
>
> So...I googled and got this...
>
>     Did you remove djbdns (and djbdns-extcache and djbdns-localcache) after
> the
>     sandbox was built? If so, it's still installed in the sandbox. To remove
> it
>     from the sandbox, you can tell qtp-newmodel to rebuild the sandbox, or you
>     can do it manually (saving a lot of time) by:
>     # chroot /opt/qtp-sandbox
>     # mount -t proc none /proc
>     # rpm -e djbdns djbdns-extcache djbdns-localcache
>     # umount /proc
>     # exit
>
> But that was no solution.
> Any Clue?
>
> Thanks
> Federico Krum

qtp-newmodel does not handle djbdns properly, as it's not as straight
forward as the other packages. You'll need to either do it manually, or use
caching-nameserver (bind) instead. I use (and recommend) bind, as it's
simple to install:
# yum -y install caching-nameserver bind bind-chroot
Then put the following in your /etc/resolv.conf:
nameserver 127.0.0.1