Erik: as regards your suggestion RE antivirus, we have a corporate AV provider (F-Secure) -- so all users are using the F-Secure Client 7.0 -- and none other has this problem, saving the one user (I'll call him RL)... Also, he (RL) is using the same AV product (physically the same laptop) at both locations -- works one place, but not the other.

I'm beginning to think that this may be an Outlook 2000 issue... As Erik does, I have over 200 users using all types of email clients -- I've just polled my log files, and RL is the only user I've found yet still using Office 2000.

Given that Office 2007 Standard Upgrade is only $200, I think I'll recommend it. Of course, if that doesn't resolve the issue, I'll owe the employee $200 for making him buy software he didn't need!

c'est la vie...

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Ciao!

Dan McAllister, President

IT4SOHO, LLC
2171 Wrens Way
Clearwater, FL 33761

877-IT4SOHO: Toll Free
727-647-7646 In Pinellas
813-464-2093 In Hillsborough
727-507-9435 Fax Only

Erik A. Espinoza wrote:
I have about a hundred Outlook users on a Toaster and haven't
experienced any issues. Please take screenshots of all of the smtp
settings and mail them to me (offlist if you prefer). Also please let
me know which version of Outlook? All of my users are XP, 2003 and
2007.

Thanks,
Erik