Hi:

I'm using Qt/QtCreator to teach Medical Informatics to about 50
students. They are working these days in their final project. Some of
them can only use PC's without admin rights at college facilities. If
they are lucky they can find someone with admin rights that can install
Qt Creator for them but when they log in their guest accounts they find
that they have to tweak the environment variables for the guest account
(as in qtcreatordist/bin/qtenv.bat) so Qt Creator can successfully
compile a project. This seems to happen whatever version of Qt Creator
you use. Why there is no "Install for all users" checkbox in the Qt
Creator installer? It would be very useful.

I have tried to make for them a portable version of Qt Creator (copying
the folder Qt/20xx.xx/ and its subfolders). Even after changing the
environment variables Qt Creator doesn't run (complains about
misconfigured settings), neither does Qt Assistant (could not load
sqlite module), neither does Qt Demo (memory at 000 not writable). The
Qt Designer runs OK. If you run the "portable" version in a PC that
already has Qt Creator installed it runs OK too. Am I missing something?
Can you help me with this?

I have other concerns about using Qt/Qt Creator in education but I will
address them later.

Regards,

Sergio

Participe en la 15 Convención Científica de Ingeniería y Arquitectura, del
29 de noviembre al 3 de diciembre de 2010
La Ingeniería y la Arquitectura por un Futuro Sustentable

Palacio de Convenciones, La Habana, Cuba
http://www.cujae.edu.cu/eventos/convencion