On Tue, 5 Apr 2011 07:20:47 pm ext Thomas Perl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2011/4/5 Dmytro Poplavskiy <dmytro.poplavs...@nokia.com>:
> > On Tue, 5 Apr 2011 03:43:49 pm ext Ville M. Vainio wrote:

> >> Interestingly, this stuff does *not* work with official qt version
> >> (the -experimental- version is an old, deprecated version. More
> >> investigation is required.
> >>

> > It's necessary to ensure both
> > /opt/qtm12/plugins/mediaservice/libqgstengine.so
> > and
> > /opt/qtm12/imports/QtMultimediaKit/libdeclarative_multimedia.so
> > are loaded from correct location, you may need to have
> > QT_PLUGIN_PATH=/opt/qtm12/plugins
> > and something like
> > viewer.engine()->addImportPath(QLatin1String("/opt/qtm12/imports"));
>
> When I export QT_PLUGIN_PATH as you said, it starts working indeed. I
> already have the addImportPath in my code, as otherwise it wouldn't
> find QtMultimediaKit at all.
>
> As my UI is a bit slower with software rendering, I would very much
> appreciate any hints on how to fix the color key for the video.

It's necessary to patch QtMultimediaKit sources,
the color key is defined in
src/multimedia/qxvideosurface_maemo5.cpp
changing it to m_colorKey(24,0,24) for example fixes GL rendering.

I pushed the fix but it takes some time to be integrated to public repo.

> Alternatively, is there a way to disable dithering on e.g. the
> QGLWidget that I use for the viewport? I also noticed that the
> dithering effect (a grid of dark dots) doesn't happen while an
> animation is taking place.

Because of bug in overlay driver (it blinks a lot during geometry changes)
QGraphicsVideoItem decodec the current frame to rgb pixmap and render it in
software.
It should be fast enough, especially with OpenGL viewport.

> Thanks,
> Thomas

Regards
  Dmytro.