My condolences to Greg and his family. I had never spoken to him,when Dana
was alive she had spoke with him and his family. She was quite concerned,
because if I'm remembering correctly he had breathing problems. She had not
been able to get a hold of him. Thank you for posting about his photography
career. I think it would be good if we could list all the people on the
group that we've lost and how did they die. Several of them I didn't know
the cause. Several seem to be sores. I think it would be great if we would
share more about each other and how we fight different complications of
spinal cord injury. I know sepsis can be a serious complication. I hhave
had sepsis too many times. I believe that was a complication of Christopher
Reeves. It can take you down so fast if you don't catch it soon enough. It
will be 2 years since I had in June, caused by UTI infections. I can't
remember the young girl's name, but she was a paralyzed journalist that
died from sepsis. Several did not have adequate care. I feel like if the
country can send millions of dollars to other countries and we don't even
know if that money needed is legitimate. Persons with disabilities, where
there they be car accidents, diving and many of the diseases that don't
have a cure or veterans should have more adequate care to prevent these
deaths.Forgive me of my speaking out of turn. I'm Proud of his ability to
learn how to use his photography. One of the quads had come to my hospital
to try to speak to me about getting a ventilator, because that's what he
had. He died because his ventilator fell off during the night because he
didn't have any night support. He was a peer counselor for the whole
person, an independent living center in Kansas City. He chose to live
independently even though he didn't have enough care.Some people don't
qualify for enough care because of their income Being a little too high for
Medicaid Eligibility. To my knowledge Medicare doesn't cover in-home care.
After I have gotten out of the hospital a physical therapist or nurse might
be able to come for a week. I have to limit my time in the chair, because
of her persistent pressure area. If we are injured at a young age we get
osteoporosis, causing bones breaking that cannot be operated on.. It's good
to remember those that have been lost, because on this group we care about
each other. Dana