I recently visited a relative who, unlike myself, has IPv6 service from her
ISP.  I noticed ntpd on my Windows laptop configured with:

pool 2.pool.ntp.org

was not soliciting any IPv6 pool servers.  For those unfamiliar, the 2.*.
pool.ntp.org names are the only ones which return IPv6 addresses
as well as IPv4.

This appears to be a bug in Windows 11 resolving hostnames to IP addresses.

I would love to hear from others if they are seeing similar behavior on
Windows ntpd with a similar pool configuration.  I'm using Windows
11 22H2 (22621.702) x64.  I'm particularly curious to hear from those using
other Windows versions so I can note in my bug report which
versions have broken getaddrinfo().

Incidentally there is a workaround available.  You can use something like
the following:

pool pool.ntp.org
pool -6 2.pool.ntp.org

The first pool prototype association will pick up IPv4 addresses, while the
second one will get IPv6 addresses.

Thanks for your time and assistance.

Cheers,
Dave Hart