On 02/06/2023 18:17, Mohammed Siddiqi wrote:
I am currently working on making sure NTP works according to the RFC 5905 and
we use NTP.org implementation of ntpd. I have been going through the RFC and
NTP.org’s documentation

If you want a definitive implementation of the RFC, you need the ntp.org version that was current at the time of its publication, and represents the reference implementation. The current source code will include improvements.

I suspect Dave Mills considered the RFC to be more like a research paper, describing things as they were at the point at which it was written, rather than as a standard, frozen for all time.
--
This is questions@lists.ntp.org
Subscribe: questions+subscr...@lists.ntp.org