On Friday, June 9, 2023 at 7:10:13 AM UTC, Roger wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Jun 2023 15:05:42 +0100, Roger
> <inv...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
> >Does ntp-4.2.8p16 have the voting code in it which
> >ntp-dev-3792-msm and ntp-dev-3792-msm-v2 has? Dave
> >Hart recently posted links to tarballs with a request
> >for feedback?
> Please ignore; I've just spotted that p17 has been released.

I'm sorry I didn't notice this earlier.  Neither one has the 3792 pool
preemption changes.  There's still a bit of work needed to prevent continuous
turnover in some relatively pathological cases, and likely a bit more work to
eventually cycle out even surviving servers very slowly to allow servers that
withdraw from a pool to eventually stop receiving queries from updated clients.

Dave Hart
--
This is questions@lists.ntp.org
Subscribe: questions+subscr...@lists.ntp.org