On 20/08/10 13:22, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
Philippe Grosjean wrote:
On 20/08/10 09:11, Joshua Wiley wrote:
On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 9:18 PM, Donald Paul Winston
<satchwins...@yahoo.com> wrote:
I'm experimenting using R as a report writer. I'm told LaTex is the
destination for my quest. But ?latex() gives me an error. The package
Just as a side note, using ?foo() will always return an error. If
there were a latex() function, you would drop the parentheses (i.e.,
?latex ) to bring up the documentation.

No, it does not. ? is the operator that has the top priority. So,
something like:

?ls()

brings you the help page for function 'ls'. That said, you are right
that the correct syntax is:

It's actually slightly more complicated: ?ls() really is parsed as ? of
ls(), not (?ls)(). The help system needs to know the arguments to
functions to know which help page to show you in the case of S4 methods.
One simple example is the following:

library(stats4)
example(mle)

Now ?summary will give you the base page, but ?summary(fit2) will give
you the stats4 page.

Many thanks! Good to know.

Philippe

Duncan Murdoch

?ls

PhG

manager does not have it. The package installer can't find it. Where
is it?

It amazes me that there's not a built in "report" function that can
produce
the same kinds of reports that every report writer and data analysis
software in the whole word can do. (see SAS, Crystal Reports, SPSS,
Oracle
Reports, Actuate, Hyperion, Cognos, ..etc)