"It amazes me that there's not a built in "report" function that can produce
the same kinds of reports that every report writer and data analysis
software in the whole word can do. (see SAS, Crystal Reports, SPSS, Oracle
Reports, Actuate, Hyperion, Cognos, ..etc)"

To do some reports, most of R users use Sweave and other Sweave-like systems
that have been already listed in another mail. Why don't you try what is
currently existing? What is the kind of report you want, that you can't
produce with Sweave?

david