Try:

help(package=tm)

(You do not need library(). )
-- David.

On Aug 23, 2011, at 6:17 PM, Tyler Rinker wrote:

I don't think help.start is what I'm looking for but I may be doing it wrong. I tried:

library(tm)
help.start("tm")

This may be inappropriate as it returns:

library(tm)
help.start("tm")
Error in if (update) make.packages.html(temp = TRUE) :
 argument is not interpretable as logical

Just typing help.start() takes me to a web page but I still have to search.

I wrote a function to do what I want that I could place in my .First() or a premade package but why bother if there's a way to already do this?
#=============================================================
#                                                       FUNCTION
#=============================================================
manual <- function(library){

LIB <- substitute(library)
LIB <- as.character(LIB)
browseURL(paste("http://cran.r-project.org/web/ packages/",LIB,"/",LIB,".pdf", sep = ""))
}

#                                                        EXAMPLES
manual(plyr)
manual(tm)