On 07/01/12 02:17, herbert8...@gmx.de wrote:
Dear All,

I was searching through the spatstat manual in order to find a function to
simulate a Poisson pattern only within a fixed radius (circular moving window)
around individual points. If points are distributed heterogeneously over a
large area this may help to only assess deviation from CSR within the window
and thus does not require additional information on a covariate. I could not
find such a function in spatstat. Can please anyone help?

It's not clear to me just what you want to do, but it *sounds* like you want
to simulate a cluster process with each cluster being a Poisson pattern
in a disk of fixed radius. If so, the function rMatClust() does just what you
want.

It seems to me also possible that you want to "pre-specify" the cluster centres, or parent points. Such a capability is *not* currently built into "spatstat" but
would not be hard to code up.  Let me know if you indeed want to pre-specify
the cluster centres.

    cheers,

        Rolf Turner