R-Help Mailing List,

I'm currently working with a user who is actively trying to download & install
libraries for 'R' on her office PC. While using install.packages("packageName",
dependencies = TRUE) works without a problem on our home PCs, we use a proxy at
the firm and therefore it doesn't let the application go directly out of the
network on port 80.  Is there a way to manually set proxy information within
the application so that it can, indeed, reach the internet when we're trying to
download and install libraries (and necessary dependencies) from within the
application?  I've gone through some of the options but there's nothing there
for it.

Regards,
José Emmanuel Batista

--------
If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, you are not authorized to
duplicate, copy, retransmit or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it
and any attachments immediately and notify the sender that you have received it
in error. Unless specifically indicated, this e-mail is not an offer to buy or
sell or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or
other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any
transaction, or an official statement of Neuberger Berman. Any views or
opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of Neuberger Berman. This e-mail is subject to terms available
at the following link: www.nb.com/disclaimer/usa.html. By messaging with
Neuberger Berman you consent to the foregoing.