Hi Jose

I faced the same problem at my workplace too - the solution (at least for
us) was to insert the following function into the Rprofile.ste file in the
etc folder in the R install folder - or, if the  .First function already
exists, you could just insert the line beginning Sys.setenv(….) into that
function.  The bit in the speech marks needs to be a suitable web proxy
address and port, and the 'http_proxy_user=ask' bit is telling R to ask for
a username and password.

.First <- function() {
Sys.setenv(http_proxy="http://webproxy:8080 http_proxy_user=ask")
}