Since I query my Oracle warehouse often, I load the ROracle package on startup.
Whenever I update packages from RStudio (which actually runs the
install.packages function) with ROracle loaded, I get the following error:

Error: package 'ROracle' is not installed for 'arch = i386'

Unloading the package doesn't help; I have to edit my startup script to not
load ROracle, then restart R, update packages, and restore my original startup
script. I don' t have any use for 32-bit ROracle and am not sure that it exists
(the package archive doesn't contain a "libs/i386" folder. Does anyone know of
a way to override the lack of an i386 build when installing other packages?

Thanks,
M.L.