I attended a course at XLSolutions and glad they can publish a list of
recommended R books.

IMHO they shouldn't  post it here though.

This name issue is hilarious given thousands of David Smith out there but to
cut the story short, my class at XLSolutions was taught by a David Andrew Smith
who prefers to be called Drew because there are 2 David smith in his department.

My 2 cents !