On Wed, 25 Feb 2009, David Winsemius wrote:

When I execute that code, I get labels both on the branching points and at the leaves of the tree. So I guess my reply is "cannot reproduce" or "do not understand". They are however not properly positioned and the edges and bottoms of some of the labels are cut off, but that did not sound like your question.

Try par(xpd), as mentioned in the help (?text.rpart): that also mentions a lot more ways to control the plot's appearance.

Using Mac OS X 10.5.6 and the ATT binary of R2.8.1. ‘rpart’ version 3.1-42.

The graphics device matters too.

--
David Winsemius

Note: your mailer is putting single quotes inside the enclosing angle brackets so my mailer does not recognize the r-help address as a valid address. Since this is the first time I have encountered this construction, I wonder if your mailer is adhering to standards in its reply-to functions.