PLEASE do read the posting guide
http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html<http://www.r-project.org/posting-guide.html>

We have no idea of the structure of 'dataset' that is being returned by your
function.  This example works fine for dataframes:

> x <- list(matrix=data.frame(x = c(1, 2, 3), y = c(0, 10, NA)))
$matrix
  x  y
1 1  0
2 2 10
3 3 NA
> na.omit(x$matrix)
  x  y
1 1  0
2 2 10
> na.omit(as.data.frame(x$matrix))
  x  y
1 1  0
2 2 10

You might also look at 'complete.cases', but a real example would be helpful
in providing information.

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 9:41 AM, Moumita Das
<das.moumita.onl...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi friends,
> I have a query regarding na.omit function.Please ,someone help me.
>
> I have a function
> xyz_function<-function(arguments)
> {
>       some code
>       return(list(matrix=dataset))
> }
>
> xyz_function_returnvalue<-xyz_function(passed argumentss)
>
> *Case-I*
>
> xyz_function_returnvalue_deletingNArows<-na.omit((xyz_function_returnvalue))
> *Case-II*
>

> xyz_function_returnvalue_dataframe_deletingNArows<-na.omit(as.data.frame((pair_raw_data$matrix)))
>
> Both case I and II don't work.My dataset has rows with NA values,that's for
> sure.
>

> Whereas this simple code,works fine.I mean from the data frame the rows
> containing NA values could be easily deleted.
>
> DF <- data.frame(x = c(1, 2, 3), y = c(0, 10, NA))
> DF<-na.omit(DF)
> print(DF)
>
> --
> Thanks