Also I tried out your method, it returns the same error. Another thing, If I
change the top line in rscript.sh to R --slave it just gives me a neat
output. I am not sure why running the shell script directly from within the
same folder is working where as from php it is not recognising R command.

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Amrit Nandan <amrit.nan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> RServe looks exciting but the problem is that I am not sure whether I would
> be allowed to install anything on the linux server on which I am working.
>

> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 3:40 PM, Romain Francois <
> romain.franc...@dbmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 12/02/2009 10:43 AM, Amrit Nandan wrote:
>>
>>> I tried calling R from a shell script and it works. This is an example
>>> file rscript.sh
>>>
>>> R --no-save << EOT
>>> x<-2*pi
>>> print(cbind(x,sin(x)))