Right. Um well the tree was made by ape2ouch(archotree) (also in the
workspace file). I'm not sure what you mean by code...

I have indeed read ?hansen. All I could find was:

"Each matrix can be parameterized by nchar*(nchar+1) parameters, where
nchar is the number of quantitative characters."

I have one character, so as far as I could understand it that would
imply "2" should be specified. I tried that to no avail.

Cheers