Hi
look also for motmot and auteur packages

best

Paolo

Da: r-sig-phylo-boun...@r-project.org [r-sig-phylo-boun...@r-project.org] per
conto di Matt Pennell [mwpenn...@gmail.com]
Inviato: martedì 18 settembre 2012 1.46
A: Jason S
Cc: R-sig-phylo@r-project.org
Oggetto: Re: [R-sig-phylo] variation in rates over time

Jason,

I think the best way to do this is with the approach of O'Meara et al. 2006
Evolution "Brownie".

Liam Revell has implemented this in R in his package phytools. You can
modify the steps taken in this tutorial here
http://phytools.blogspot.com/2011/07/running-brownielite-for-arbitrarily.html
perhaps
in conjunction with the function make.era.map()
http://phytools.blogspot.com/2011/10/new-function-to-plot-eras-on-tree.html
though
I admittedly have not tried this myself.

Perhaps Liam or someone else has a better explanation but I hope this is at
least somewhat helpful.

cheers,
matt