Hi all

I am trying to analyze the integration between organs in root systems of
angisoperms. My idea is testing if three different angiosperm groups
integrate vascular tissue across root orders in the same way. So far I have
been working with linear mixed effect models to test the idea, like in this
example, nesting the species within the clades I am studying in a nested
model:

model<-lmer(log(Stele)~log(RootDiameter)+Root.Order*Clade+Site+(1|Clade/Species),data=dataRoot)

I am wondering if it is possible to integrate the phylogeny in a more
straight-forward way. I check options in phytools and gieger, but in both
cases the phylogenetic anova seem to test only one categorical variable at
the time and require same number of tips in the tree and the dataset. In my
case, even if I use species means I will have three times the number of
tips, since I have three orders of roots to integrate. I'll appreciate any
hints about how to solve this. Thanks in advance.

--
Oscar Valverde
PhD candidate