Hello,
I'm looking for approaches how to get a species tree from set of gene trees. I
was looking at Phybase package https://code.google.com/p/phybase/ but it seems
to be abandoned and when I tried to install it, I ended up with error:
install.packages("~/stazene/phybase_1.3.tar.gz", repos=NULL, type="source")
Installing package into ‘/home/vojta/R/x86_64-suse-linux-gnu-library/3.1’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
* installing *source* package ‘phybase’ ...
ERROR: a 'NAMESPACE' file is required
* removing ‘/home/vojta/R/x86_64-suse-linux-gnu-library/3.1/phybase’
Warning in install.packages :
  installation of package ‘/home/vojta/stazene/phybase_1.3.tar.gz’ had non-
zero exit status
I'm working on Linux. Well, I have gene trees (in multiPhylo object). I tried
superTree, densiTree and speciesTree from phangorn. Those are looking very
well, but I'd like to try some coalescence based approach. I was looking at
coalSpeciesTree from phangorn, but I don't know how to supply that X phyDat
object - my gene trees have all same tips and species are same in all trees.
How to define it? Or is there any other better approach how to get species
tree out of gene trees?
Sincerely,
Vojtěch

--
Vojtěch Zeisek
http://trapa.cz/en/

Department of Botany, Faculty of Science
Charles University in Prague
Benátská 2, Prague, 12801, CZ
http://botany.natur.cuni.cz/en/

Institute of Botany, Academy of Science