Hi Luigi.

Unfortunately, I think you may need to supply us with some more details to try and figure out what your problem is.

Does your code look like:

D<-dist.dna(obj)
## obj is class "DNAbin", e.g.:
## data(woodmouse)
## obj<-woodmouse
tree<-upgma(D)
plot(tree) ## works
write.nexus(tree,file="filename.nex") ## does not work?

If so, I was able to get this to run on test datasets without a problem.

All the best, Liam

Liam J. Revell, Assistant Professor of Biology
University of Massachusetts Boston
web: http://faculty.umb.edu/liam.revell/
email: liam.rev...@umb.edu
blog: http://blog.phytools.org