Dear r-sig-phylo,

I have a potentially very large MuSSE analysis on a single tree of ~4500
spp., and 8 binary traits (using make.musse.multitrait). I am only
interested in diversification rates within the 8 traits, and not their
interactions (so I am only comparing models with depth = 0 and 1).

Question 1) Is there a way to predict how long this analysis might take? I
want to know if it is feasible on my personal computer or if I need to seek
additional resources.

Question 2) What are the potential ways to speed up a diversitree analysis
on a single tree? I have read about parallelizing analyses on multiple
trees, but it doesn't sound like an applicable situation for me (only 1
tree to analyze).

Thank you!
Liz Miller
--