Dear all,

I tried to estimate a value for alpha parameter of corMartins
(Ornstein-Uhlenbeck) but the output is a bit puzzling. I do as follows:

fitOU<-gls(fcl~mass+loc_dim+activity+feeding+loc_typ+agility,correlation=corMartins(value=0,phy=tree,fixed=FALSE),data=df,method="ML",weights=varFixed(~vf))
> Error in recalc.corStruct(object[[i]], conLin) :
NA/NaN/Inf in foreign function call (arg 4)

Enter a frame number, or 0 to exit

1: gls(fcl ~ mass + loc_dim + activity + feeding + loc_typ + agility,
correlati
2: nlminb(c(coef(glsSt)), function(glsPars) -logLik(glsSt, glsPars),
control =
3: objective(.par, ...)
4: logLik(glsSt, glsPars)
5: logLik.glsStruct(glsSt, glsPars)
6: recalc(object, conLin)
7: recalc.modelStruct(object, conLin)
8: recalc(object[[i]], conLin)
9: recalc.corStruct(object[[i]], conLin)

It work when I turn the "value" to 1, but then the estimate for alpha is
0.99, which looks like it isn't actually estimating a value and is instead
accepting my input as the alpha value. Do you think there is a reason for
this to happen?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Sérgio.

--
Com os melhores cumprimentos,
Sérgio Ferreira Cardoso.

Best regards,
Sérgio Ferreira Cardoso

MSc. Paleontology
Museu da Lourinhã, GEAL.
LATR/IST/CTN - Campus Tecnológico e Nuclear.

Lisboa, Portugal