Dear Liam,

Thanks very much indeed - a really nice blog post. However, the issue is
that I am using discrete states, which are not ordered. (and to make things
more exciting there are also polymorphisms and missing data - although they
can be worked around I guess)

Is there any way to get ML to yield the same as SCP would (in Mesquite at
least) for this kind of data?

Best wishes

Roland