Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to obtain the 95% CI for the loadings of a phylogenetic pca in
order to improve the interpretation of axes.
I'm trying to implement this in boot package by modifying this code that
uses prcomp:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31044922/confidence-intervals-of-loadings-in-principal-components-in-r

but since the phylogenenetic pca also requires a tree object, I'm not sure
how to get it. Here is my try:

getPrcStat <- function (samdf,vname,pcnum){
        prcs <- phyl.pca(fish_tree,samdf, mode = "corr") # returns matrix
        return(prcs$L[ vname,pcnum ])   # pick out the thing we need
}

bootEst <- function(df,d){
        sampledDf <- df[ d, ]  # resample dataframe
        return(getPrcStat(sampledDf,"areahema",1))
}

bootOut <- boot(my_data_frame,bootEst,R=10000)

I have tried with phytools::phylo.pca and also adephylo::ppca and nothing
seems to work.

Appreciate if anyone could help.

--
Sincerely,