Hello,

I want to know if a binary character is related to species richness (not
diversification rates). I am using genera as units, and using PGLS to
relate genus richness to the proportion of species that have a particular
state. From the model diagnostic plots I am worried that my data are
violating assumptions of PGLS. Most genera either have no species with this
trait or all species having the trait (proportion = 0 or 1), with a few
genera in the middle. As such, the corrected residuals still have
structure. Is there a better way to go about testing this question?

Thank you!

[image: model diagnostics richness.png]

--
Elizabeth Miller