Hello everybody,

My name is Alexandre and I am part of a research on beta diversity of the
Brazilian savanna, known as Cerrado. Someone suggested to us to use the
Jaccard fuzzy index of similarity. However, I am determined to use the Bsim
simpson index as proposed by Baselga in 2010 (Global Ecology and
Biogeography) since it captures the turnover component of beta diversity
only, excluding the nestedness component. However, I am in doubt regarding
the Jaccard index, which is not included in the comparative table of the
2010 paper. Am I right to suppose the Jaccard index (be it fuzzy or not)
also mixes both turnover and nestedness as the Sorensen index?

Thank you in advance for any thoughts,

Alexandre

--
Dr. Alexandre F. Souza