Please see the job ad below -- this postdoc at A&M looks like it might
be of interest for those here on R-Sig-Phylo.
-Dave

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Michelle Lawing <anna.law...@ag.tamu.edu>
Date: Thu, Jul 14, 2022 at 9:06 AM
Subject: Postdoc Position: Phylogenetic Climate Modeling & 3D Morphometrics
To: <eeb-l...@listserv.tamu.edu>

Dear friends and colleagues,

I’m recruiting a postdoc to work on a recently funded NSF project with
Dr. Emília Martins (Arizona State University), Dr. Julio Rivera (Henry
M. Jackson Foundation), and Dr. Jaime Zúñiga-Vega (Universidad
Nacional Autónoma de México). Please share this opportunity widely
with students, postdocs, and other colleagues!

See the NSF grant abstract (here:
https://nsf.gov/awardsearch/showAward?AWD_ID=2154898) to learn more
about our jointly funded NSF award titled “Inferring the impacts of
closely-related species on phenotypic evolution.”

The ideal candidate would have strong interest in research topics at
the intersection of ecology, evolution, and biogeography, strong
interpersonal skills, proficient knowledge of coding in R, proficient
knowledge of phylogenetic comparative methods, previous experience in
assembling and analyzing large datasets, and previous experience with
analysis of climate data. Adequate knowledge of skeletal morphology of
lizards is a plus.

The candidate will subscribe to and support our commitment to
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA).

Required Documents to Submit: Applicants should upload a single pdf,
which should include: (1) Cover letter stating your interest in this
position, your fit and your previous experience related to this
position description, including scientific goals and interests, (2)
CV, (3) Names and contact information for three persons willing to
provide a recommendation.

If the description of this position sounds interesting to you, even if
you do not possess all skills listed, we strongly encourage you to
apply to be considered for this opportunity. For further information
and to submit your application see: https://tinyurl.com/33u27xdz. We
will begin reviewing applications at the end of July and continue
until the position is filled. The ideal start date is September 1st
(negotiable). It is a two-year position with adequate performance and
salary is $50,000 per year with additional benefits and a budgeted
annual raise.

Please contact Dr. Michelle Lawing (alaw...@tamu.edu) if you have any questions.

Best wishes,
Michelle

--

A. Michelle Lawing, PhD (she/her/hers)
Associate Professor

Editorial Board, Communications Biology
An open access journal from Nature Research

Visiting Fellow, Department of Biology
University of Pisa, Italy