Sent on Jan 17th but perhaps using the wrong email address.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Eliot Miller <eliot.is...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jan 17, 2023 at 8:41 AM
Subject: Re: [R-sig-phylo] Extracting interspecific distances as a matrix
To: Jarrett Phillips <phillipsjarre...@gmail.com>
Cc: <r-sig-phylo@r-project.org>

I haven't used the dist.dna function before, so apologies if I'm off base,
but I see it returns a distance object. You can simply do
dMat <- as.matrix(d)
And now it's a matrix of the more familiar form. I haven't used the split
function before either, but rows (or columns) can just be extracted with
dMat[1,] etc.

Cheers,
Eliot