On Thursday 23 October 2008 18:32:13 you wrote:
> It seems to me that if you accept (and) => #t then you should accept (<)
> and (< x) => #t.

My old eyes see:
  (length '(1)) => 1
  (length '()) => 0
  (length) => -1

Things can be defined this way, but is it most useful?

When I look at srfi-32 code [sorting, retracted], SCIP, Scheme and the Art of
Programming, Concrete Abstractions, ..., grep for used of (< n) in code
[legal in Chez, Gambit, Ikarus -- which disallow (<)] I have not yet found a
use of the form (< n).

For sorting, I use a binary predicate.

I see zero uses of the list-sorted? and vector-sorted? functions in the
srfi-32 code.  I have not yet found a sorted? predicate used in an induction
loop.

I presume that doing inductions on the length of a list implies checking that
there is a list.

The Scheme language community will do what (hopefully) makes the most sense.

I think that in this case, I am just going to express my opinion and we will
agree to disagree.

Cheers,
-KenD