On Friday 24 October 2008 19:33:56 Jon Wilson wrote:
> Some actual attention to the mathematics is very
> much warranted here.  But, this thread really doesn't belong on
> r6rs-discuss...
> Regards,
> Jon

OK.  I had some fun.  I'll go away now.

[But is this really more bogus than a vacuous result appealing to "if a
collection is not unsorted/ordered it is sorted/ordered"?

By that reasoning something non-comparable is {vacuously} ordered:
(vector-sort (lambda whatever #t) '#('oranges #\c "apples" 3))
=> #(3 "apples" #\c 'oranges)

I think I did a least define a consistent total order.

Something must be comparable to be ordered.  Anything outside of this is just
proping up a weak proof system].

IMHO,
-KenD

"Don't be so humble, you're not that great" Golda Meir
-KenD