Sorry for the delay (I was moving earlier this week).

Thank you for taking a crack at the task. One question I have is whether or
not the scopes feature is something which I can more or less count on being
available in future versions of Racket (I understand that it's from a
snapshot and might therefore undergo some changes before it would be
released, but I would like to know if at least the functionality should be
there).

It may be a moot point in light of your syntactic solution, but I was
wondering what the list's thoughts were on a partial implementation I came
up with before you responded (it has the same "no macros" issue):

I managed to get a runtime solution working using namespaces. Aside from
macros, I believe that it implements most every feature the the CL package
system does. There is a `*package*` parameter which is used to resolve
unknown definitions (using an override of `#%top` which calls
`namespace-variable-value` using the current package's namespace). I have
attached the (somewhat messy) file for others to look at. What would be
more racket-y/a better design approach: a more macro-oriented solution like
what I was initially discussing and what Dr. Flatt wrote, or a more
runtime-oriented solution like the (slightly messy) attached file (I'm not
sure how to handle macros in that case, though...Maybe the list has some
ideas :) )?

Dr. Felleisen & Ryan: thank you for the link to that paper and webpage. The
paper gave me the impression that I might be able to get some ideas from
scmxlate. When I have a chance, I'll have to take a good look at the
program itself.

> On May 10, 2015, at 19:04, Matthias Felleisen <matth...@ccs.neu.edu>
wrote:

> Probably off-topic: you might be interested in
>
>  http://repository.readscheme.org/ftp/papers/sw2003/Scmxlate.pdf
>
> Start with the title and then the summary at the end. Dorai has used this
package to make his programs available in Schemes and Common Lisps.

The PDF in question references a dead page for the software. The correct
url is:

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/dorai/scmxlate/index.html