Thanks for this. I think I see in general where the changes need to be, and
I've taken some first steps toward making them, though it will probably be
a week or so before I have time to totally dive in.

One additional question: is there a good/light-weight way to test changes
to the renderers? This is having me dive into much lower-level parts of
Scribble than I've looked at previously (though maybe I was headed there
eventually). It seems like it would be ideal to avoid manually checking the
rendering of a dummy document, but it isn't immediately obvious to me how
to write more rackunit-like test cases.

-Philip