On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 12:20 PM, Alexis King <lexi.lam...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Dec 16, 2016, at 9:53 AM, Robby Findler <ro...@eecs.northwestern.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Picky would never assign blame to m1. The places where m1 would be
>> blamed would instead fall on, I think, m2.
>
> Ahh, I see. I was confused because I wasn’t paying enough attention
> to the blame information in the error message, only at the beginning
> of the message which varied between “contract violation” and “broke
> its own contract”. When m1 is blamed, I would have expected some
> other message, but I guess it makes sense based on the semantics
> being used.

The error messages could certainly be improved. If you want to have a
hack at it, the relevant code is here (unless there is information
that needs to make its way there):

https://github.com/racket/racket/blob/master/racket/collects/racket/contract/private/blame.rkt#L159

One thing we decided a while back was to put the "  (blaming ...)"
near the end, but the blame information is taken into account in that
first line. Perhaps there should be a more refined piece of code that
computes that first line in this case, tho?

> Thank you for your patience and your explanation; I think I understand
> what’s going on now, at least at a high level.

:)

Robby