At Thu, 16 Mar 2017 16:10:04 -0700 (PDT), Jack Firth wrote:
> Side question for Racket package system folks: will the migration to Chez
> scheme affect binary installs of packages? I seem to recall discussion that
> bytecode might be going away as part of the Chez transition.

I don't yet know how it will work, since compiled output from Chez is
platform-specific. Maybe "binary" will just mean "fully expanded and
translated to linklets", so that the package still has to compiled on
the target platform, but the compilation of each file won't require
expansion or depend on any other file.