I will always 100% support the adoption of a CoC drafted by people with
experience in dealing with discrimination, harassment, and toxic behaviour.
It is impossible to understate just how much gets swept under the rug
without one, and increasingly, the lack of one itself tends to attract
toxic people who use terms like "virtue signalling" unironically.

The GFW/Strange Loop CoC is well worn and considered and would be as good
as any we'd be liable to come up with ourselves.

Nothing about a document saying "hey, don't be an ass" implies that the
reader themselves, or the community, are asses. Only that the community
values not being an ass, and those who might wish to join that community
and not be an ass are welcome, and that those who have had to deal with too
many asses will hopefully find fewer here.

For the unconvinced, I really appreciated Graydon Hoare's perspective on
why he implemented the Rust CoC.
https://www.reddit.com/r/rust/comments/6ewjt5/question_
about_rusts_odd_code_of_conduct/didrult/
https://www.reddit.com/r/rust/comments/6ewjt5/question_
about_rusts_odd_code_of_conduct/dif1xvb/