On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 6:29 AM Erich Rast <er...@snafu.de> wrote:

> The reason why I want this to be a multi-collection package is that the
> framework without anything gui-related is fairly small and should be
> required by default as (require appy). The GUI-related extensions on
> the other hand import and re-export a lot of additional modules - there
> might even be a complete abstraction layer over Racket's GUI classes
> later - and so I want them to be required explicitly as (require
> appy/gui).

You don't need a multi-collection package to do this. If your structure is:

appy/

|--info.rkt
|--main.rkt
|--gui.rkt
|--…

Then `(require appy)` will import "main.rkt" and `(require appy/gui)` will
import "gui.rkt".

On the other hand, if you want users to be able to *install* the non-GUI
portions separately, a multi-collection package isn't enough: that's what
leads to the profligration of foo + foo-lib + foo-test + foo-doc package
families.

-Philip