I see... yeah, I thought about going this route but the reason it didn't
seem particularly "robust" to me is that I would have to read the entire
object into memory at once before passing it in as bytes.  IMO it would
be better to have the option to provide ports with file data so the data
could be streamed in without reading the whole data into memory.
However that would, I still think, require being able to access the
http-conn struct accessors at the very least.

At any rate, if you don't mind, send what you have!  I'm in the middle
of a hackathon and it might help me deliver some cool things faster :)

Please do mark your work with a libre license if you upload it so I can
safely incorporate it :)