A couple of thoughts.

1) In general, isn't it the case that the site developer is going to want to deal with content. When you're creating content, you're seldom calling for the the part of some other page (I prefer to do this sort of work in the the layout myself). I'm not sure exposing content in this way is necessarily a good thing. At the very least, provide me a configuration mechanism to restrict access (for example, restricting certain things by user role?). Similarly, some snippets are really only supposed to go into layouts and would do very bad things in content (especially if you're in the bad habit of opening a tag in one snippet and closing it in another).
2)Make it Extensible.