Simon Rönnqvist said the following on 11/20/2008 02:48 PM:
> OK, sounds like you did a pretty thorough comparison of the two.
> Personally I just picked Markdown cause it seemed easier to teach my
> clients doing ## than h2. And also a few other things seemed more
> simple to learn, and all of the tags that I needed to get done were
> doable using Markdown, even definition lists using Markdown Extra
> http://michelf.com/projects/php-markdown/extra/
>   ...however that was using Drupal (which has Markdown Extra).

I came to all this from the world of Wikis - TWiki MoinMoin and others.
Completely different markup and facilities.  And lots of entrenchment
and 'mark-up wars'.

I'm comfortable with either but seem to use Textile for composition and
Markdown for posting in from e-mail.  If you think about it, non-html
type email ends up suing things like underlining for 'titles' ad starts
or hashes lists and simple * and _.  Or, and > for quotes.
So posting email in is a natural.

That's when I'm not doing pretty involved stuff in raw html!
--
Ignorance is never out of style. It was in fashion yesterday, it is the
rage today, and it will set the pace tomorrow.