Friday, June 29, 2007
At present AACRE defines:
1.  "Parallel title. The title proper in another language and/or  script." and
2. "Alternative title. The second part of a title proper that consists  of
two parts, each part of which is a title; the parts are joined by or  or its
equivalent in another language (e.g., The tempest, or The  enchanted island)."

If the latter definition were changed to "a parallel title in the same
language separated from the title proper by or or its equivalent." and  the
former
definition changed to "another title in any language and /or script",  then
the equals sign could used before the alternative title.

Is there a reason I don't see why we need to distinguish between  alternative
titles and parallel titles?

     Regards,
          Jim Agenbroad ( [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
 )